EGS International Ltd
EGS (International) Ltd are searching for experienced hydrographic surveyors to join the team.
The successful candidate will be involved with both site and office work working on projects globally in both the inshore and offshore environment. As an experienced surveyor, you will be involved with all aspects of a project to include; tendering, survey planning, vessel mobilisation, equipment calibration/verification, survey acquisition, data QC, data processing, processing QC and final reporting. Working in small survey teams on complex projects, surveyors will be acquiring high quality bathymetric data and at times be involved in acquisition of other geophysical equipment (side scan sonar, sub-bottom profiler, magnetometer, multi-channel seismics, CPT, Vibrocore and grab sampling) and be working closely with the engineering department to assist in troubleshooting of any equipment related issues. Experience in online QC to ensure that the data is meeting client specifications is essential. Party Chief duties will be required on occasions.
- University degree in Hydrography or a closely related marine discipline.
- Equipment knowledge: Kongsberg MBES systems, Applanix POS MV positioning, Sonardyne USBL.
- Acquisition experience: QINSy, Kongsberg SIS, Sonardyne Ranger.
- Processing experience an advantage: Caris HIPS & SIPS, QINSy Qloud, Qimera.
- Experience of working in the shallow inshore environment.
- Party Chief experience an advantage.
- Willing to relocate to commutable distant of EGS office in Bordon, Hampshire
- Site work rotations can be as short as a few days but also up to 6 weeks, therefore the ability to work away from home for long periods is essential.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work well under pressure in a team environment.
- Current medical, BOSIET/FOET certificates are an advantage.
- Eligible to work in the UK and possess a full UK driving licence.
EGS (International) Ltd
EGS (International) Ltd is part of the EGS Group that operates worldwide undertaking professional and tailored survey solutions for a wide range of projects including: Hydrographic, Geophysical, Geotechnical, Oceanographic and Environmental surveys. EGSi acquire high quality data for a variety of clients within the Nautical Charting, Renewables, Oil & Gas, Offshore Construction, Telecommunications and Cable Route sectors.
To apply for this position:Please send your CV and covering letter to: The HR Manager, EGS International Ltd, Unit 27 Woolmer Way, Bordon, Hants GU35 9QE or email firstname.lastname@example.org